A partygoer died after a downing three pints of gin in a drinking game during a 36-hour session, an inquest heard.

Doorman Kier Jenkins, 24 – described as ‘the life and soul of the party’ – went to a friend’s house after a night out.

He had been playing drinking games and taking cocaine at the party, the inquest heard.

Other partygoers offered him and another man water and put them to sleep in the recovery position but later that night they noticed Mr Jenkins had stopped snoring.

The hearing was told they dialled 999 at 4.32am on Monday September 19, 2021, when they found Mr Jenkins had stopped breathing.

Friends performed CPR on the doorman at the house in Merthyr Tydfil, South Wales, until paramedics arrived but he could tragically not be saved.

Coroner David Regan said Mr Jenkins had 510 milligrams per decilitre of ethanol in his system which is above the fatal level.

Tests also showed traces of ketamine and cocaine in his blood and the coroner said the combination of ethanol and cocaine could create a toxic metabolite called Cocaethylene which can cause cardiac arrest.

Mr Regan said Mr Jenkins had been drinking for a period of 36 hours before his death and recorded a conclusion of drug and alcohol related death.

In a statement read at the hearing, Mr Jenkins’ sisters Mali and Shantay Jenkins and cousin Angharad Jenkins described him as ‘larger than life’.

They said: ‘He loved all our children and he would do anything for anyone. He had done so much for charity, he raised money for Mind, he was the type of person who would give you all he had left.

‘He had turned his life around, he was working as a doorman. He was a good person he would help anyone.

‘He has left a huge hole in our hearts and all his friends. He was such a big person, he was so well known, once you had met him you wouldn’t forget him.

‘He was the life and soul of the party, he was too big for this world.’

By Admin